Britney Spears

Britney Spears’ Ex-Husband Denied Bail Reduction And Will Remain In Jail

today16 June 2022

Background
share close

Britney Spears’ ex-husband has been denied a bail reduction and will remain behind bars after being charged with felony stalking and four misdemeanours.

Alexander, 40, was charged with the offences after turning up to the singer’s Los Angeles home and attempting to crash her wedding to Sam Asghari last week.

As well as the felony charge he faced two counts of misdemeanour battery, one count of misdemeanour vandalism and one count of misdemeanour trespassing following the incident.

He pleaded not guilty on all counts at a hearing on Monday, though his bail was set at 100,000 dollars (£82,000). A restraining order was also issued requiring him to stay at least 100 yards from the pop star for three years.

At a bail hearing on Wednesday at Ventura County Superior court, his request for the bail amount to be reduced was denied by judge Catherine Voelker, as was his request to be released from jail.

He was remanded again and remains in Ventura County jail ahead of two preliminary hearings next week.

The intimate wedding ceremony between the singer, 40, and her 28-year-old fitness trainer partner Asghari was held last Thursday.

High-profile celebrities including Selena Gomez, Drew Barrymore, Paris Hilton, Donatella Versace and Madonna were in attendance.

Shortly before the incident Alexander had posted an Instagram Live story from outside Spears’ property in which he said he was there to “crash” the wedding.

He was arrested by officers from the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office and taken to jail.

Alexander was the singer’s first husband but the two were married for less than three days in 2004 before an annulment.

His next court appearances are scheduled for June 22 and June 24.

Written by: Admin

Rate it

Previous post

Dominic Raab

Dominic Raab Insists The Government Always Acts Ethically Despite Lord Geidt Resignation

Foreign secretary Dominic RaabDominic Raab has insisted that the government “always acts ethically”.His comments came following the resignation of Lord Geidt, the second ethics adviser Boris Johnson has lost in less than three years.The senior civil servant dramatically announced his departure with a brief statement on the government’s website.He said: “With regret, I feel that it is right that I am resigning from my post as independent adviser on ministers’ […]

today16 June 2022 1

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


LISTEN WITH YOUR APP

Midlands Radio
0%